Today I learned of a friend who not only has his home broken into, he was also physically attacked and beaten by the invaders as well. I felt sick to my stomach. The friend already had issues with anxiety. I can not imagine how horrific this is going to be for him to recover from. An invasion like this cuts so much further than the home and the possessions that were sought after to take.
These assholes also took my friends self esteem. His feeling of feeling safety and security in his own home are out the window. I hope only temporarily.
I wonder, where in the hell have morals, values and basic humanity seem to have gone to at times?
In a Nation that declares In God We Trust I can not help but wonder how many of the 10 Commandments are violated by another human being wishing to possess someone else’s child in the first place. Even if you don’t believe in God these commandments are still excellent principles in which to strive to live by, none of us are perfect.
The 10 Commandments List, Short Form
- You shall have no other gods before Me.
- You shall not make idols.
- You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet.